June 16, 2022
- Toolbar buttons are now properly visible when browsing Files in the Data Management page. (382604)
- External process developers are no longer prevented from viewing formula rules. (373490)
- Business Processes
- Certain submitted forms did not properly record the time part in datetime fields. This issue is resolved. (380632)
- The YEARFRAC formula now properly returns 0 for certain date ranges. (381095)
- The WEEKDAY and TIMEVALUE formulas now properly support date parameters as string. (381105, 381120)
- File set field security updates. (376469, 379968)
- In rare circumstances, missed signal catch events could result in duplicate user tasks. This issue is resolved. (381058)
- In some cases, using the Next and Previous buttons to navigate between documents in the document viewer would cause entries to be skipped, or the buttons would become disabled. This issue has been resolved. (377692, 374920)
June 6, 2022
- Added the ability to terminate multiple workflows from the workflow Monitoring page.
- Several bug fixes, including the following:
- Corrected the formating of links within generated emails. (377662)
- Restored the ability to edit variables when the process is within a team. (378954)
Application connection integrations now support generic API querying, allowing for a much broader range of integration possibilities when making calls to Salesforce, Redtail, Dynamics, and Ellucian Ethos during Business Processes.
In the specific case of Ellucian Ethos, the application connection updates add support for integrations with Colleague and Banner Finance in addition to Banner. Utilizing a web request rule based on the application connection, the integration enables you to:
- Lookup Ellucian Colleague data on a form.
- Send data into Ellucian Colleague from a business process.
- Interact with Ellucian Colleague data in a workflow process.
June 2, 2022
- M4A files can now be streamed in the document viewer. (376028)
- In some cases, users would observe a significant delay in annotations loading when viewed in the preview pane. This issue has been resolved. (37083)
- Resolved an issue that could prevent large documents with many versions from opening correctly. (376269)
- The Previous Document and Next Document buttons now perform correctly for documents opened from search results. (374920)
- Resolved an issue that could prevent date fields from being correctly set when the browser language was set to French. (377305)
- In some cases, PDFs with Asian fonts would not correctly display the text. This issue has been resolved. (377497)
- Resolved an issue that could result in users encountering a timeout when sending documents via the DocuSign integration. (378526)
June 1, 2022
- New solution templates include processes for collecting information related to the federal assistance program as well as an invoice review and payment solution that makes use of smart invoice capture.
- You can now contribute to the Solution Marketplace by submitting your own solutions. From the marketplace, click the Submit a Solution button. You can upload your solution directly from this form and a Laserfiche Solution Marketplace team member will reach out to guide you through the review process and help launch your solution. Learn more.
Account Control Services
- The Home option is now available from the drop-down list of applications when setting the default application under My Account. (376445)
- The Show developer options checkbox is no longer displayed for provisional accounts. (375910)
- A message asking users to remove or disable users when there are no users available for creation has been removed. (372820)
- A message notifying users that the password requirements were not met is now successfully displayed when creating or editing a user. (372820)
- When using a deprecated URL for the Capture Profile Designer, users will be notified and asked to update their bookmarks.
- Bugs fixed
- In the Capture Profile Designer, a prompt now appears when a user makes a change and navigates away without saving. (378328)
- Changing the name of a profile that is part of a Capture Profile Group is now updated after refreshing the group. (375281)
- Capture Profile Groups cannot be published unless they contain at least one capture profile. (375282)
May 19, 2022
- Apostrophes in display names no longer prevent access to the home/documents or home/reports pages. (377362)
- Multipage PDF files display correctly in a document merge rule. (377871)
May 11, 2022
- Corrected an issue with importing repository files to a fileset. (373049)
- Corrected an issue with checkbox value validation. (376494)
May 5, 2022
- Security updates and performance and stability enhancements. (340487, 366043, 373594)
- The Entry Access Rights dialog box can now be opened from the document viewer as well as the folder browser. (328842)
- When a user removes all pages from an existing document, they will be prompted to decide whether to delete the document. (29179)
- Resolved an issue that could cause very large PDFs to fail to import with a "Trailer not found" error. (30148)
- Focus is now correctly retained on the document viewer search bar when context hits are displayed. (352998)
- Corrected an issue that could result in a multivalue field returning an incorrect range of values when performing a "between values" search. (368327)
- Resolved translation issues with certain strings in Spanish and Portuguese (Brazilian). (368440, 374544)
- The select/deselect all option in direct share now functions correctly. (368976)
- Import new version now no longer incorrectly permits you to upload multiple files. (370545)
- Resolved an issue that could cause a "Hexadecimal value 0x0B is an invalid character" error when importing some PDFs. (372817)
- Improved accessibility for lists in the import dialog box. (373654)
- The root folder cannot be shared via email or direct share. (372255)
- Text files generated solely for searchability are no longer exported when exporting a folder. (372169)
- Security updates and performance and stability enhancements. (373995, 373996, 373999, 374000, 374001, 374002, 374368)
- Resolved an issue that caused incorrect links to help files. (354321)
- Search forms incorrectly displayed ampersands (&) using an ampersand encoding (&). This issue has been resolved. (370692)
Process Automation (including Business Process and Workflow)
- Security updates and performance and stability enhancements. (375726, 375038, 374324, 374012, 373820, 373815, 373595, 373326, 373113, 372659, 371960, 371896, 369678, 346338, 308431)
- Resolved an issue causing an empty teams list to be displayed when a user with a participant or community license reassigned a task. (375328)
- Corrected faulty "Timer Boundary Event" trigger times after a version update with "wait for condition" and "repeat timer" triggers. (375133)
- Improved handling when attempting to publish possibly corrupt processes. (374925)
- Resolved an issue where a suspended "save to repository" task was unable to display error details in the "Monitor" page. (370933)
May 2, 2022
- The "Profile in Groups" column will now load when opening a partially configured capture profile group. (357392)
- Several issues with zone focus were fixed, including an issue with dragging a zone immediately after selecting it. (373671)
- You can now save changes to the built-in Invoices profile successfully. (372637)
- Capture profile text zone tokens that are produced by the Run Capture Profile activity in Workflow now indicate they are multivalued in the token editor. (373799)
- Capture profiles cannot be published unless they have at least one zone configured. (374943)
- Project names must be unique across the cloud account, once a team uses a project name, no other team may use the same project name. (364300)
- Imported business processes do not correctly verify access to required resources. (372864)
April 4, 2022
- The dialog to sign back into Capture Profiles when a session has expired (or when another user signs in) is now synonymous with the dialog that is presented to users in the rest of Process Automation.
- The prompt to add a zone to a sample document has been moved to the Zones pane to be less obtrusive.
- If a capture profile, capture profile group, or smart invoice profile has not been published, a "Draft" label will appear next to its name to make it easily detectable.
- The Capture Profiles Group user interface has been updated to be more intuitive to users.
- Bugs fixed:
- Configuring and saving changes to the default smart invoice profile that comes with Capture Profiles fails with an error. However, the workaround is to create a new smart invoice profile if you need to configure it. (372637)
- When switching between sample documents with different numbers of pages, users now receive a warning when clicking on a zone on a nonexistent page. (352776)
- Switching between sample documents that contain zones on pages that don't exist in the new sample document no longer fails. (352953)
- The Capture Profile Designer now prompts the user to sign back in after the session times out. (357387)
- The zone configuration box now stays adjacent to a zone that is dragged near the top of a page. (362921)
- The "Current document has no pages" message is no longer sometimes displayed when opening a capture profile that contains a sample document with lots of pages. (362921)
- The "Add a sample document" message is no longer sometimes displayed when opening a capture profile that contains a sample document with lots of pages.(362923)
- When changing the name or description of a capture profile, the changes are no longer applied until you click the Save toolbar button. (355038)
- Users can now use the DEL hotkey to delete zones. (368956)
- Renaming a capture profile, then reverting to its original name, no longer displays a validation error. (369640)
- The profile group zones page no longer takes an extended period of time to recalculate zones when profiles are added and removed from a profile group. (371796)
March 31, 2022
- The URL for solution templates now includes the template name for easy linking.
- Filtering solution templates by industry has been improved.
- Solution template images can now only be viewed within the product and not from the marketplace.
March 10, 2022
- The sign-in dialog box is no longer displayed again when scanned documents are being stored to a repository using the web client and Laserfiche Cloud. (362638)
- Using a custom URL now successfully launches Windows desktop scanning. (359236)
January 24, 2022
The Solution Marketplace at marketplace.laserfiche.com has been updated to provide direct links to solution templates in Laserfiche Process Automation.
- The link to videos on the process automation landing page now correctly links to the videos page in the documentation. (357197)
- Ability to get/set field values.
- Ability to check for errors on submission
- Ability to search for fields
- Events for field changes and field blur.
Smart Invoice Profiles
- Smart Invoice Profiles can now capture handwritten text from invoices based on the default fields recognized by Smart Invoice Profiles.
Account Control Services
- A new Okta System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) integration allows user changes in Okta to be automatically updated in Laserfiche Cloud Account Administration.
December 9, 2021
- Having "Save Password" enabled in Edge no longer causes the "Assigned to" username to vanish. (349257)
- Deleting classic forms from a process now succeeds rather than failing silently. (349530)
- Editing settings for filesets no longer causes the browser to become unresponsive. (355426)
- Fixed a missing data in submitted instances issue. (355492)
- Read-only fields now support calculations. (355883)
- Fixed an issue with printing form data with wide forms, printing now defaults to landscape for wide forms. (347364)
November 16, 2021
Process Automation - Teams - Fixed an issue causing nothing to appear to happen when clicking the "find user" button.
November 8, 2021
- Business Processes
- Added the ability to perform direct approval actions through email notification links.
- Added the ability to recover deleted processes or instances from the deleted tab on the business process manage page.
- Bugs Fixed:
- Form submissions no longer have an extra row in a collection when a lookup clears and then populates data in the row. (346644)
- Adding a row with a read-only field no longer causes a formula error. (346934)
- Lookup tables or collections now are populated correctly when a range of rows is set if you add and then delete a row. (346771)
October 29, 2021
- Laserfiche Mobile
- Added a Syncing message indicating that a form, draft, or task is still syncing, making it easier to see the item is still syncing.
- Offline is now appended to the title of open forms, tasks, and drafts that are offline, making it easier to see when you are working offline.
- Bugs Fixed:
- The web client search syntax now works correctly in the Laserfiche app. (255876)
- In the Windows app, after sorting the task inbox by teams, the app no longer closes unexpectedly and the Tasks tab is no longer inoperable after relaunching the app. (277418)
- In the Windows app, the app no longer closes unexpectedly when uploading a file to a form via the Upload from Repository option. (320043)
- Business Processes
- Work schedules: Processes can now be associated with a work schedule. Work schedules provide organizations the ability to set custom work hours (useful with calculations involving time such as timer events.) This will cause the "exclude weekends" setting in time based configurations with business processes to be deprecated - editing an existing process will require updating it to use the new features.
- Bulk direct actions in the inbox: This release introduces the ability to perform bulk direct approval type actions on tasks in the inbox. Users can now bulk process actions on matching tasks in the inbox including approve, submit, reject, etc.
- Bugs fixed:
- Rules Service Task no longer suspends when using a data query rule with a numeric input. (332098)
- Trying to download a file that was just uploaded to a private form no longer fails. (343979)
- PDF Page Generation Options: In the web client, you can now specify what type of PDF you’re importing when generating pages. This allows you to optimize page generation for the best balance of quality and size depending on the contents of the original document: black and white text document, standard color document, or high-quality color document. You can specify the type of the original PDF at the time of import, and you can also set a default document type in Options.
- Laserfiche API
- OAuth 2.0 Support for Laserfiche API: Develop more robust connections with third-party apps via support for the industry standard OAuth authorization protocol.
September 2, 2021
- Business Process Improvements:
- Added project based filtering for survey experience on the home page.
- Added lookups with file sets.
- Public form file upload security enhancements.
- Other minor bug fixes.
August 9, 2021
- Business Processes Improvements:
- Added support for file sets in the new form designer.
- New digital reopening solution templates available including:
- Inventory tracking and equipment request
- Return to work questionnaire
- COVID-19 time-off request
- Work from home experience survey
- Daily employee symptom report
- Fixed an issue where data query rules using number inputs failed.
- Fixed submission failure issues in read-only calculations within a table.
- Other minor bug fixes.
- Integrations Improvements:
- Added the ability to configure an API Limit for Application Connections.
- Added support for bell and email notifications for Application Connections:
- Trigger notification when an application connection status changes.
- Trigger notification when the current number of API calls for an application connection reaches 80% or 100% of the configured API limit.
- Minor enhancements to the Application Connection API usage display.
- Added action tables for Ellucian connections.
- Several bug fixes.
- Other minor bug fixes within Process Automation.
August 6, 2021
- Fixed a public form conversion issue.
July 22, 2021
- Updated remote agent rules to add multi-value input parameter support in scripting rules, the x-www-form-urlencoded content type for web request rules, and the file download feature for web request rules.
July 8, 2021
- Added the ability to control file set types, limits, and statuses with lookup rules in business processes.
- Added the ability to convert forms to the new format from the classic form designer.
- Added a survey dashboard on the home page for easy access to create and manage surveys.
- Added the ability to print a form at any time.
- Fixed an issue where the form save button would remain disabled after certain types of changes were made to a form in the classic designer. (324985)
- Corrected an issue preventing managers from adding a leading zero to decimal values in the business process variable management dialog. (315756)
- Fixed submission issues when skipping pages on a form that contain read-only and required fields with field rules. (329732)
July 7, 2021
Fixed an issue in the Laserfiche Integration with Microsoft Teams where the Laserfiche welcome message was being sent each time a new user was added to a conversation that included the Laserfiche bot.
June 11, 2021
- Fixed issues where the Laserfiche Scanning connection times out.
June 8, 2021
- Fixed various issues with navigating to and interacting with files in the Laserfiche Integration with Microsoft Teams.
June 4, 2021
Business Processes Improvements:
- Users can now print a form from any user task, form, or survey.
- Improved error handling during image generation.
- Fixed an issue where deleted table rows are not fully cleared if there are many read-only formulas involved. (319307)
- Improved performance of read-only calculations. (320567)
- Fixed an issue that caused intermittent suspensions when an error was empty, now retries. (322089)
- Fixed an issue with the new form designer using concatenate() to display variables in a read-only field. (217317, 322106, 324165)
- Fixed an issue where a drop-down field in a collection or table would not be filled correctly when populated by a lookup rule and the "as new rows" option is set. (318304)
- Fixed an issue where attempting to open attachments to an assigned task generated an empty json file. (323874)
- Fixed an issue where a lookup trigger that is replaced by another lookup trigger can result in failed a submission. (324447)
May 10, 2021
- Fixed issues where the Laserfiche Integration with Microsoft Teams did not work well with popped out Microsoft Teams windows.
- Fixed an issue correcting focus location when loading business process.
- Fixed a screen reading issue to allow error messages to be read with screen reader.
- Fixed an issue when saving a classic form to the repository, where the image has the first field on the form highlighted.
- Now able to submit forms when using reCAPTCHA and file sets.
- Fixed a number of small bugs in business processes.
April 28, 2021
- Fixed issue where PDFs uploaded as sample documents in the Capture Profile Designer resulted in unusually low quality OCR.
April 8, 2021
March 29, 2021
- Capture profiles has been enhanced to make it even easier to create and work with sample documents. Users can easily switch sample documents when configuring and testing profiles. They can also use PDFs as sample documents and can now test a subset of documents.
March 17, 2021
- Fixed business process issues including renaming a form with special characters, saving a form after uploading a file, and suspended processes related to file uploads.
March 9, 2021
- Added the ability for users to save drafts in business process public forms.
- Added the ability to populate form fields from URL parameters.
- Enhanced the application connection experience and added support for additional object types for integrations.
- Updates to lookup tables, including recognizing user customizations.
February 24, 2021
- Improved support for accessibility features within Business Processes.
February 4, 2021
- Enhanced the surveys experience for both users and administrators.
- Fixed several bugs related to the survey results page.
January 13, 2021
- Updated messaging on "test" forms for clarity.
January 8, 2021
November 5, 2020
October 26, 2020
- All accounts are now able to view the Invoices smart profile in the list of capture profiles and try out Smart Invoice Capture within the capture profile designer. Using Smart Invoice Capture within a workflow still requires purchase of the Smart Invoice Capture add-on.
October 21, 2020
- In Workflow, fixed several issues with the Search Repository Activity to correctly handle special characters in the Template name and Field name conditions, to correctly return valid results that have no pages in the record, and to apply validation to the result limit selection.
- In Business Processes, importing lookup rules with versions are now handled correctly.
- Capture Profiles now correctly handle a TIFF image used as a sample page.
October 15, 2020
- Laserfiche Bots has a redesigned action history that lets you see token and parameter values for bot instances. You can also quickly switch between different instances’ action histories making it easier to reference instance details and troubleshoot your bots.
- The Laserfiche Bots Monitor page has also been updated to include history and parameter information.
October 8, 2020
August 13, 2020
- Process automation lookup tables can now be used as a data source for Laserfiche templates and fields when configuring dynamic fields. Dynamic Fields are fields where one field value determines what values are available in other fields in the same template.
- You can now optimize the Dedicated Bot Remote Agent workers and queues by labeling them with specific capabilities. Capabilities allow you to pair specific bots to specific workers and queues.
August 5, 2020
- Improved process automation database performance.
- Fixed an issue in process automation where users were unable to access the site after a system update if the timing was right. (256844)
- Fixed a business process issue preventing the approval of a form when it was read only and there are hidden required radio button fields. (256676)
- Fixed a business process issue where the manage page would not load under certain circumstances due to a .js file load sync issue. (257816)
- Corrected an issue where deleting a form from a business process didn't actually delete the form. (257673)
- Fixed a business process issue where a lookup value that triggers new collection data not being retained. (256368)
- Improved a workflow error message for failed emails from an Email Activity. (256595)
- Corrected a large file fails to email from workflow issue. (249688)
July 31, 2020
Updated workflow for better performance and scalability.
July 10, 2020
June 29, 2020
Improved the performance of Smart Invoice Capture profile. (251361)
June 15, 2020
Customers who use the Smart Invoice Capture profile will have updated models with improved overall performance. (250064)
June 3, 2020
- Improved the performance of business processes. (232952)
- Added custom themes for Surveys. (230440)
- Various bug fixes across the platform.
June 1, 2020
- Improved performance in the Laserfiche Mobile app. (247416)
- An increase in memory has improved the Laserfiche Mobile app speed when using Laserfiche Forms in the app. (247414)
May 21, 2020
- Fixed an issue with Workflow failing to retrieve values from the Run Capture Profile activity when it's configured to use auto-classification. (243477)
- Customers who use the smart invoice capture will have updated models with improved overall performance. (245768)
May 20, 2020
Fixes in the Laserfiche app
- Laserfiche Forms are now successfully displayed for Laserfiche Cloud customers in the mobile app. (238145)
- You can now fully view Word documents in Laserfiche Cloud using the mobile app. (241775) (241775)
May 11, 2020
Improvements within business processes:
- Improved support and performance for large (10k+) user accounts.
- Updated to allow asynchronous processing, reduced connections, and added a thank you page after instance creation.
- Made reCAPTCHA optional for public submissions.
- Added support for array by array lookup behavior.
- Many other small improvements and bug fixes for usability, reliability and performance.
Improvements within integrations:
- Localization updates for Execute Application Action workflow activity.
Improvements in internal analytics.
Incremental scalability improvements for capture profiles (243153).
Resolved potential PDF upload issue with the Laserfiche Mobile app. (242171, 240222)
May 7, 2020
Miscellaneous fixes in the Repository service.
- You no longer receive a "Could not move "<document name>". Entry not found. " error message when moving documents into a blind drop box. (215542)
- In certain situations, search results for a specific cutoff instruction could include documents within a record folder that had been manually assigned a different cutoff instruction. This issue is now resolved. (237234)
- Stability improvement for volume exports. (242348)
- Improved search performance for certain searches involving multiple search types that could generate intermediate result sets. (241212)
April 30, 2020
Internal service monitoring improvements for Capture Profiles. (241157)
April 28, 20202
Internal service monitoring improvements for forms via the mobile app. (240555)
April 27, 2020
Infrastructure updates for performance and stability. (240361)
April 23, 2020
April 22, 2020
Improved response times of audit reports under high load conditions. (238350)
April 20, 2020
- Audit reporting performance improvement. (237692)
- Search engine stability improvements.(232708, 232727, 233951)
- Customers who use the smart invoice capture will have updated models with improved overall performance. (237954)
April 17, 2020
Users are now able to view a form successfully in Process Automation using the Laserfiche app. (237955)
April 15, 2020
You no longer receive a ": The word locations data is in an invalid format." error message when exporting generated image pages that contain an image annotation. (237100)
April 9, 2020
Improvements with Laserfiche Bots:
- A new RPA package is available for download. This package, when installed on a user's workstation, allows bots to be run via a remote agent in unattended mode.
- Many other small improvements including minor styling updates and bug fixes.
Improvements to Capture Profiles
- When using pattern matching to find a text anchor, the regular expression menu's submenus no longer close when you hover over them. (215326)
- A tooltip has now been added to indicate that only the first page of a multi-page tiff will be used as a sample page when creating a capture profile or test document. (211913)
- The Edit, Delete, and Download buttons are no longer visible when viewing deleted profiles. (215315)
- You can no longer use checkboxes select multiple deleted capture profiles (because there are no actions available for them). (230175)
- The Edit, Delete, and Export buttons are no longer visible when no profiles are selected. (230100)
- The removal of duplicate and extraneous API calls has improved performance. (221812)
March 18, 2020
- General capture stability enhancements. (231499)
- Customers who use the Smart Invoice Capture will have updated models with improved overall performance. (231656)
March 11, 2020
The Capture Profile Designer page load times have been improved (216047).
March 6, 2020
Improvements within business processes:
- Made significant improvements to the PDF image generation service including:
- More reliable PDF generation
- Better error handling when PDF generation fails
- Faster PDF generation for forms with tables and/or collections
- Updated the JQuery and JQuery UI libraries to v3.3.1.
- Updated the Angular.js library to 1.7.9.
- Removed the option to download a process image in .bmp format.
- Many other small improvements and bug fixes for usability, reliability and performance.
February 24, 2020
Customers who use the Smart Invoice Capture will have updated models with improved overall performance. (227228)
February 5, 2020
Confidence values returned with capture results are more reflective of expected accuracy. (225433)
February 3, 2020
- General improvements to PDF image generation to resolve intermittent issues when:
- Forms are saved to the repository
- Email service tasks are sent with forms attached
- User tasks emails are sent with forms attached.
- The survey notification email now directly links to the survey results tab.
- Field rules triggered by radio buttons now work correctly on user tasks.
January 16, 2020
- The bot local tool now upgrades and launches successfully from the bot designer. (217901).
- New invoice capture profile added.
January 13, 2020
Fixed issues with looping Invoke Workflow activities and retrying timers.
January 9, 2020